Hong Kong shares set to open up 0.5 pct, AIA bounces
HONG KONG Oct 3 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start higher on Wednesday as they reopened after a holiday weekend, with shares of insurer AIA providing the biggest boost to the benchmark.
The Hang Seng index was set to open up 0.5 percent at 20,951.4. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms was also indicated to open up 0.5 percent. (Reporting by Vikram Subhedar; Editing by John Mair)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |