US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens slightly higher after ADP
NEW YORK Oct 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose slightly at the open on Wednesday after data showed more jobs were created in the U.S. private sector last month than analysts had expected.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 14.55 points, or 0.11 percent, to 13,496.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 2.49 points, or 0.17 percent, to 1,448.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 11.63 points, or 0.37 percent, to 3,131.67.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |