Marriott posts quarterly profit
Oct 3 (Reuters) - Hotel operator Marriott International reported a higher quarterly profit on Wednesday as its corporate business showed strength.
Net income came to $143 million, or 44 cents a share, in the third quarter ended September 7, compared with a loss of $179 million, or 52 cents a share, a year earlier. There was a lower share count in the most recent quarter.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media