Ocwen to buy Homeward Residential from WL Ross for $750 mln
Oct 3 (Reuters) - Loan servicer Ocwen Financial Corp will buy Homeward Residential Holdings Inc from private equity firm WL Ross & Co LLC in a deal valued at about $750 million.
Ocwen will pay $588 million in cash and offer $162 million convertible stock to buy the company, which services 422,000 mortgage loans, it said in a statement.
The deal is expected to immediately add to Ocwen's earnings.
Ocwen shares were up 3 percent in trading before the bell. They closed at $28.96 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media