Reliance Steel buys Sunbelt Steel Texas
Oct 3 (Reuters) - Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co said it bought privately held Sunbelt Steel Texas LLC, a distributor of special alloy steel bar and heavy-wall tubing products to the oil and gas industry.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Sunbelt, founded in 1986, had net sales of $48 million in the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2011.
Reliance said the current management of Houston-based Sunbelt will remain in place, with Michael Kowalski as president.
Reliance Chief Executive David Hannah said the acquisition will enhance the company's exposure to the high-end energy market, serving customers across multiple oil and gas well drilling types.
Shares of Reliance were marginally up at $51.69 in early trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video