UPDATE 1-ATK wins $8.4 bln U.S. Army ammunition plant contract -Pentagon
WASHINGTON Oct 4 (Reuters) - Alliant Techsystems Inc has won a contract valued at up to $8.4 billion to supply small-caliber ammunition to the U.S. Army and continue operating the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri, the Pentagon announced on Thursday.
The fixed-price contract runs through Sept. 30, 2022, the Pentagon said in its daily digest of major contracts.
On Monday, ATK announced it had been selected to provide the ammunition and manage the Lake City plant, but did not provide the value of the contract.
It said the deal included an initial seven-year contract and options for three additional years.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat