UPDATE 1-ATK wins $8.4 bln U.S. Army ammunition plant contract -Pentagon
WASHINGTON Oct 4 (Reuters) - Alliant Techsystems Inc has won a contract valued at up to $8.4 billion to supply small-caliber ammunition to the U.S. Army and continue operating the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri, the Pentagon announced on Thursday.
The fixed-price contract runs through Sept. 30, 2022, the Pentagon said in its daily digest of major contracts.
On Monday, ATK announced it had been selected to provide the ammunition and manage the Lake City plant, but did not provide the value of the contract.
It said the deal included an initial seven-year contract and options for three additional years.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest