UPDATE 1-ATK wins $8.4 bln U.S. Army ammunition plant contract -Pentagon
WASHINGTON Oct 4 (Reuters) - Alliant Techsystems Inc has won a contract valued at up to $8.4 billion to supply small-caliber ammunition to the U.S. Army and continue operating the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri, the Pentagon announced on Thursday.
The fixed-price contract runs through Sept. 30, 2022, the Pentagon said in its daily digest of major contracts.
On Monday, ATK announced it had been selected to provide the ammunition and manage the Lake City plant, but did not provide the value of the contract.
It said the deal included an initial seven-year contract and options for three additional years.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350