Toyota China sales in Sept halved from August - paper
TOKYO Oct 5 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's sales in China last month halved from levels in August as anti-Japanese sentiment took its toll, the Yomiuri newspaper reported on Friday, citing the Japanese automaker.
Showroom traffic and sales have plunged at Japanese automakers since violent protests and calls for boycotts of Japanese products broke out across China in mid-September over Japan's purchase of a pair of disputed islands in the East China Sea.
Toyota sold about 75,300 cars in China in August.
A Toyota spokeswoman in Tokyo declined immediate comment on the report.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea