- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Toyota China sales in Sept halved from August - paper
TOKYO Oct 5 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's sales in China last month halved from levels in August as anti-Japanese sentiment took its toll, the Yomiuri newspaper reported on Friday, citing the Japanese automaker.
Showroom traffic and sales have plunged at Japanese automakers since violent protests and calls for boycotts of Japanese products broke out across China in mid-September over Japan's purchase of a pair of disputed islands in the East China Sea.
Toyota sold about 75,300 cars in China in August.
A Toyota spokeswoman in Tokyo declined immediate comment on the report.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this