Toyota China sales in Sept halved from August - paper
TOKYO Oct 5 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's sales in China last month halved from levels in August as anti-Japanese sentiment took its toll, the Yomiuri newspaper reported on Friday, citing the Japanese automaker.
Showroom traffic and sales have plunged at Japanese automakers since violent protests and calls for boycotts of Japanese products broke out across China in mid-September over Japan's purchase of a pair of disputed islands in the East China Sea.
Toyota sold about 75,300 cars in China in August.
A Toyota spokeswoman in Tokyo declined immediate comment on the report.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |