S.Africa's AngloGold, Gold Fields to reopen wage talks
JOHANNESBURG Oct 4 (Reuters) - South Africa's top gold producers AngloGold Ashanti and Gold Fields have agreed to re-open wage talks for entry level workers, unions and the companies said in a joint statement on Thursday.
The move comes as a wave of wildcat strike action hits South Africa's mining sector. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Writing by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; Editing by Ed Stoddard)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters