- Global shares rise after Bernanke comments, oil lower |
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Rescuers search Oklahoma tornado town ruins as recovery starts |
ATK wins $8.4 billion U.S. Army ammunition plant contract: Pentagon
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK.N) has won a contract valued at up to $8.4 billion to supply small-caliber ammunition to the U.S. Army and continue operating the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri, the Pentagon announced on Thursday.
The fixed-price contract runs through September 30, 2022, the Pentagon said in its daily digest of major contracts.
On Monday, ATK announced it had been selected to provide the ammunition and manage the Lake City plant, but did not provide the value of the contract.
It said the deal included an initial seven-year contract and options for three additional years.
(Reporting By Andrea Shalal-Esa; Editing by Bernard Orr and David Gregorio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this