Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 16 runs in first semi-final
(Reuters) - Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 16 runs in the first semi-final of the World Twenty20 in Colombo on Thursday.
Scores: Sri Lanka 139-4 in 20 overs (Mahela Jayawardene 42, Tillakaratne Dilshan 35) v Pakistan 123-7 in 20 overs (Mohammad Hafeez 42; Rangana Herath 3-25, Angelo Mathews 2-27, Ajantha Mendis 2-27).
(Editing by Sudipto Ganguly)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria