- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Canada says final 2011-12 budget deficit was C$26.2 billion
OTTAWA Oct 5 (Reuters) - Final figures show that Canada's budget deficit for the 2011-12 fiscal year was C$26.2 billion ($26.7 billion), down from C$33.4 billion the previous year, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Friday.
Initial figures released in May put the deficit at C$23.5 billion. Canada's deficit-to-GDP ratio is one of the lowest among major Western economies.
Flaherty said in a statement that despite risks to the government's fiscal outlook, Ottawa is committed to balancing the budget over the medium term.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this