UPDATE 1-Czech telecom office accepts all bids in 4G auction
PRAGUE Oct 5 (Reuters) - The Czech Telecommunication Office has accepted all four bids it received for a planned sale of frequencies for fourth-generation mobile telephone networks, including one from a possible new market player, it said on Friday.
German group T-Mobile, Spanish company Telefonica's Czech unit Telefonica CR, British operator Vodafone, and Czech financial firm PPF's unit PPF Mobile Services all applied.
The firms will move on in the tender, and final decisions on granting licences will come by the end of 2012.
The telecom office estimates the sale of the frequencies will raise several billions of crowns for state coffers, with additional revenue coming from yearly fees.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers