Hong Kong shares set to open up 0.5 percent
HONG KONG Oct 5 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to open higher on Friday, putting them on track for a fifth straight session of gains, although caution ahead of U.S. payrolls data is likely to keep trading activity light.
The Hang Seng index was set to open up 0.5 percent at 21,007.6 points. The China Enterprises index of top locally listed mainland firms was indicated to open up 0.7 percent. (Reporting by Vikram Subhedar; Editing by John Mair)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections