Nikkei rises in early trade ahead of BOJ, U.S. jobs
TOKYO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei stock average rose in early trade on Friday, tracking gains on Wall Street, ahead of the outcome of a Bank of Japan policy meeting and key U.S. jobs data. The Nikkei advanced 0.4 percent to 8,856.10, while the broader Topix index added 0.2 percent to 737.07.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions