Nikkei rises in early trade ahead of BOJ, U.S. jobs
TOKYO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei stock average rose in early trade on Friday, tracking gains on Wall Street, ahead of the outcome of a Bank of Japan policy meeting and key U.S. jobs data. The Nikkei advanced 0.4 percent to 8,856.10, while the broader Topix index added 0.2 percent to 737.07.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans