Nikkei rises in early trade ahead of BOJ, U.S. jobs
TOKYO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei stock average rose in early trade on Friday, tracking gains on Wall Street, ahead of the outcome of a Bank of Japan policy meeting and key U.S. jobs data. The Nikkei advanced 0.4 percent to 8,856.10, while the broader Topix index added 0.2 percent to 737.07.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria