Japan Sept nuclear plant usage 5.2 pct vs Aug 5.1 pct
TOKYO Oct 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear power plant utilisation rate inched up to 5.2 percent in September from 5.1 percent in August, data by Japan Atomic Industrial Forum showed on Friday, with only two reactors in operation since July.
The run rate marks a sharp fall from 20.6 percent in September 2011. No more reactors are expected to be brought on line in coming months as a new nuclear regulator is compiling fresh rules on allowing idled units to restart by next summer.
All 50 working commercial reactors in Japan were taken off line for safety checks after last year's Fukushima crisis. In July, Kansai Electric Power Co resumed operations of two reactors of 1,175 megawatts each at its Ohi plant after receiving government approval.
(Reporting by Risa Maeda; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter