Market conditions do not warrant a Spanish bailout request: official
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Market conditions are not bad enough to make Spain request any kind of financing help from the euro zone, a senior euro zone official said on Friday.
"If you look at the current market situation, I see no need for Spain to apply for any program. The market situation is far away from any need for a full macroeconomic program," the senior official, with knowledge of preparations for euro zone finance ministers discussions, said.
(Reporting by Jan Strupczewski and Robin Emmott)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video