- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Market conditions do not warrant a Spanish bailout request: official
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Market conditions are not bad enough to make Spain request any kind of financing help from the euro zone, a senior euro zone official said on Friday.
"If you look at the current market situation, I see no need for Spain to apply for any program. The market situation is far away from any need for a full macroeconomic program," the senior official, with knowledge of preparations for euro zone finance ministers discussions, said.
(Reporting by Jan Strupczewski and Robin Emmott)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this