Credit availability a top housing concern -Fed's Duke
NEW YORK Oct 5 (Reuters) - The lack of credit available to home buyers is among the biggest concerns in the still troubled U.S. housing market, a top Federal Reserve official said on Friday.
Fed Governor Elizabeth Duke highlighted credit availability, as well as the lack of a national appraisal database on housing, as concerns the U.S. central bank has.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |