ECB's Asmussen: inflation to ease below 2 percent next year
BERLIN (Reuters) - Euro zone inflation does not present a threat and should ease below the two percent mark next year, ECB executive board member Joerg Asmussen told Germany's top-selling tabloid Bild, according to an advance copy of an article due to appear on Sunday.
"I do not see any rising currency depreciation," Asmussen was quoted as saying. "According to our forecasts, inflation will already ease below the two percent mark again next year."
Asmussen said the European Central Bank would continue to guarantee the stability of the common euro zone currency.
"No one must worry about this," he said. (Reporting By Sarah Marsh; Editing by Ralph Gowling)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport