Obama campaign, Democrats raise record $181 million in Sept
WASHINGTON Oct 6 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama's campaign and its Democratic allies raised a record $181 million in September for the president's re-election effort, adding to a fundraising haul that could prove crucial in the final stretch of the White House race.
Obama's campaign said via Twitter that 1,825,813 people donated to the campaign last month. Of that number, 567,000 were new donors.
A vast majority of the donations - 98 percent - were $250 or less.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source