Rebels seize Syrian army outpost at Turkey border -witnesses
GUVECCI, Turkey Oct 7 (Reuters) - Syrian rebels have seized a Syrian army outpost near the Turkish border and a rebel flag flew over the building on Sunday, while clashes could be heard in the area of a nearby Syrian village, a Reuters witness and villagers said.
Villagers said the rebels had taken control of the three-storey white building, around 1 km (mile) from the border on a hill overlooking the Turkish village of Guvecci, on Saturday, and raised the flag of the Free Syrian Army above it.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted