- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Rebels seize Syrian army outpost at Turkey border -witnesses
GUVECCI, Turkey |
GUVECCI, Turkey Oct 7 (Reuters) - Syrian rebels have seized a Syrian army outpost near the Turkish border and a rebel flag flew over the building on Sunday, while clashes could be heard in the area of a nearby Syrian village, a Reuters witness and villagers said.
Villagers said the rebels had taken control of the three-storey white building, around 1 km (mile) from the border on a hill overlooking the Turkish village of Guvecci, on Saturday, and raised the flag of the Free Syrian Army above it.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this