Principal Financial to buy AFP Cuprum for $1.51 bln
Oct 8 (Reuters) - Insurer and asset manager Principal Financial Group has agreed to buy Chilean pension company AFP Cuprum SA for about $1.51 billion to expand in emerging markets.
According to the deal Empresas Penta SA and Inversiones Banpenta Limitada will sell their 63 percent ownership in Cuprum.
Cuprum currently has about $32.1 billion in assets under management.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers |
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default