Greek National, Eurobank shares soar after buyout offer
ATHENS Oct 8 (Reuters) - Shares in Greek lenders National Bank and Eurobank were surging in Athens on Monday after the first offered on Friday to buy out the latter in an all-share deal.
National shares were up 16 percent to 2.43 euros ($3.17) at the start of trading. Eurobank shares rose as much as 16 percent to trade 11 percent higher at 0736 GMT to 1.30 euros. ($1 = 0.7657 euros) (Reporting by Harry Papachristou)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran