RPT-EXCLUSIVE-Intel's McAfee security group plans layoffs
BOSTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - Intel Corp's McAfee security division is planning to lay off a "small percentage" of its workforce of about 7,100 employees, a company spokesman said on Monday.
McAfee spokesman Ian Bain said he could not provide more details about the job cuts, which he disclosed in response to an inquiry from Reuters.
Intel Corp acquired McAfee, the world's second largest security software maker, in February 2011 in a $7.7 billion deal. The division had 7,072 employees as of June 30, according to Bain.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria