RPT-EXCLUSIVE-Intel's McAfee security group plans layoffs
BOSTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - Intel Corp's McAfee security division is planning to lay off a "small percentage" of its workforce of about 7,100 employees, a company spokesman said on Monday.
McAfee spokesman Ian Bain said he could not provide more details about the job cuts, which he disclosed in response to an inquiry from Reuters.
Intel Corp acquired McAfee, the world's second largest security software maker, in February 2011 in a $7.7 billion deal. The division had 7,072 employees as of June 30, according to Bain.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Search under way at New York building collapse, trains halted
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center