Kumba Sishen unit declares force majeure in S.Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 8 (Reuters) - Sishen Iron Ore, a unit of Kumba Iron Ore, has declared force majeure on its deliveries in South Africa following illegal strike action, ArcelorMittal South Africa said on Monday.
ArcelorMittal, which relies on Sishen for supplies of the steel-making ingredient, said its Saldanha plant will be negatively affected if the supply stoppage continues for more than one and a half weeks. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; editing by David Dolan)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea