- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
UnitedHealth buys 90 pct stake in Brazil's Amil for $4.9 bln
Oct 8 (Reuters) - Health insurer UnitedHealth Group said it would buy a 90 percent stake in Amil Participacoes SA , Brazil's largest healthcare company, for about $4.9 billion in cash.
Amil provides health and dental benefits, hospital and clinical services and advanced care management resources to more than 5 million people, the companies said in a statement.
The deal is expected to slightly add to UnitedHealth's 2013 earnings per share, the companies said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this