UnitedHealth buys 90 pct stake in Brazil's Amil for $4.9 bln
Oct 8 (Reuters) - Health insurer UnitedHealth Group said it would buy a 90 percent stake in Amil Participacoes SA , Brazil's largest healthcare company, for about $4.9 billion in cash.
Amil provides health and dental benefits, hospital and clinical services and advanced care management resources to more than 5 million people, the companies said in a statement.
The deal is expected to slightly add to UnitedHealth's 2013 earnings per share, the companies said.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |