India to ask for Lufthansa help in joining airlines alliance
NEW DELHI Oct 9 (Reuters) - India plans to ask Germany's Lufthansa AG to help Air India join Star Alliance, aviation minister Ajit Singh said on Tuesday, as it renews its push to become a member of the airlines network after failing to do so last year.
Both Air India and market leader Jet Airways can become members of Star Alliance at the same time, he added. (Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by G.Ram Mohan) (firstname.lastname@example.org; 91-22-6180-7138; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base