- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Honda says Sept China auto sales down 40.5 pct yr-on-yr
BEIJING Oct 9 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd and its China joint ventures sold 33,931 vehicles in the country in September, down 40.5 percent from a year earlier, the Japanese automaker said on Tuesday.
For the first nine months, sales were up 9.5 percent at 469,993 vehicles, Honda said in a statement.
Honda makes vehicles in China in partnership with Dongfeng Motor Group Co and Guangzhou Automobile Group Co .
Sales have plunged at Japanese car makers since violent protests and calls for boycotts of Japanese products broke out across China in mid-September over the Japanese government's purchase of a group of disputed islands in the East China Sea from their private owner.
(Reporting by Fang Yan in BEIJING and Kazunori Takada in SHANGHAI; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this