Intersil Corp 3rd-qtr revenue to miss estimates
Oct 9 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Intersil Corp estimated third-quarter revenue below analyst estimates on weakness in its personal computing business.
The company estimated revenue of about $151 million, below its forecast of $156 million to $163 million.
Analysts on average were expecting $159.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Intersil, which makes power management chips used in flat panel displays and DVD players, expects revenue from personal computing to fall to 21 percent of total revenue, from 25 percent a year earlier.
The company, which competes with Fairchild Semiconductor , Altera and Texas Instruments, will report third-quarter results on Oct. 24.
Intersil shares were down 2 percent in premarket trading on Tuesday. They closed at $7.31 on the Nasdaq on Monday.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies