Intersil Corp 3rd-qtr revenue to miss estimates
Oct 9 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Intersil Corp estimated third-quarter revenue below analyst estimates on weakness in its personal computing business.
The company estimated revenue of about $151 million, below its forecast of $156 million to $163 million.
Analysts on average were expecting $159.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Intersil, which makes power management chips used in flat panel displays and DVD players, expects revenue from personal computing to fall to 21 percent of total revenue, from 25 percent a year earlier.
The company, which competes with Fairchild Semiconductor , Altera and Texas Instruments, will report third-quarter results on Oct. 24.
Intersil shares were down 2 percent in premarket trading on Tuesday. They closed at $7.31 on the Nasdaq on Monday.
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |