- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Marine Harvest preliminary Q3 core earnings drop 86 pct
OSLO Oct 9 (Reuters) - Marine Harvest, the world's biggest Atlantic salmon producer, said core earnings fell about 86 percent in the third quarter but it harvested volumes slightly above its July guidance during the quarter.
Operational earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) for the group declined to about 65 million Norwegian crowns ($11.39 million) in the July-September period from 457 million crowns a year ago, it said on Tuesday in a preliminary earnings update.
Total volumes was 93,000 tonnes of fish compared to its guidance for 90,000 tonnes.
"The results for the Chilean and Canadian activities were adversely impacted by the challenging market conditions during the quarter," it said.
Marine Harvest, controlled by shipping tycoon John Fredriksen, it due to report its full quarterly report on Oct. 26.
($1 = 5.7045 Norwegian crowns)
(Reporting by Victoria Klesty; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this