US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Intel falls on downgrade, takes Nasdaq lower
NEW YORK Oct 9 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq Composite fell 1 percent in morning trading on Tuesday, pressured by declines in shares of Apple, Microsoft, Intel and Oracle.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 43.39 points, or 0.32 percent, to 13,540.26. The S&P 500 dropped 7.30 points, or 0.50 percent, to 1,448.58. The Nasdaq Composite lost 38.17 points, or 1.23 percent, to 3,074.19.
Intel fell 2.7 percent to $21.89 after Sanford Bernstein cut the chipmaker to an "underperform" rating.
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |