- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Intel falls on downgrade, takes Nasdaq lower
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Oct 9 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq Composite fell 1 percent in morning trading on Tuesday, pressured by declines in shares of Apple, Microsoft, Intel and Oracle.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 43.39 points, or 0.32 percent, to 13,540.26. The S&P 500 dropped 7.30 points, or 0.50 percent, to 1,448.58. The Nasdaq Composite lost 38.17 points, or 1.23 percent, to 3,074.19.
Intel fell 2.7 percent to $21.89 after Sanford Bernstein cut the chipmaker to an "underperform" rating.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this