Polish government to approve shale gas law next week
WARSAW Oct 9 (Reuters) - Poland's government will approve a long-awaited new shale gas law during its sitting next week, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said on Tuesday.
"The assumptions are ready. We will be approving this draft at the government's sitting next week," Tusk said at a news conference.
Poland, which aims to be Europe's shale gas pioneer, has postponed the publication of a legal framework for the development of the potentially lucrative energy resource several times in the past few months. (Reporting by Maciej Onoszko)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit