Polish government to approve shale gas law next week
WARSAW Oct 9 (Reuters) - Poland's government will approve a long-awaited new shale gas law during its sitting next week, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said on Tuesday.
"The assumptions are ready. We will be approving this draft at the government's sitting next week," Tusk said at a news conference.
Poland, which aims to be Europe's shale gas pioneer, has postponed the publication of a legal framework for the development of the potentially lucrative energy resource several times in the past few months. (Reporting by Maciej Onoszko)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls