Atlatsa says fires over 2,000 strikers in S.Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 9 (Reuters) - Atlatsa Resources on Tuesday said it had sacked 2,161 employees at its Bokoni platinum mine in South Africa after they embarked on a wildcat strike last week.
The employees have been given up until the close of business on Wednesday to appeal their dismissal.
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead