Taiwan's UMC Sept sales rise 11.5 pct on year
TAIPEI Oct 9 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Tuesday its September sales rose 11.5 percent from a year earlier, but dipped from August.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.11 billion ($310.78 million) last month, compared with T$8.18 billion in the same month last year and T$9.8 billion in August, the company said on its website.
UMC did not give further details.
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town |