Taiwan's UMC Sept sales rise 11.5 pct on year
TAIPEI Oct 9 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Tuesday its September sales rose 11.5 percent from a year earlier, but dipped from August.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.11 billion ($310.78 million) last month, compared with T$8.18 billion in the same month last year and T$9.8 billion in August, the company said on its website.
UMC did not give further details.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia