Frenchman Houanard suspended after positive EPO test
PARIS (Reuters) - Frenchman Steve Houanard has failed a dope test for the banned blood booster erythropoietin (EPO) and has been provisionally suspended by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the UCI said on Tuesday.
The UCI said that AG2R La Mondiale rider Houanard had failed an out-of-competition test on September 21.
Houanard can request the testing of his B sample.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'