Frenchman Houanard suspended after positive EPO test
PARIS (Reuters) - Frenchman Steve Houanard has failed a dope test for the banned blood booster erythropoietin (EPO) and has been provisionally suspended by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the UCI said on Tuesday.
The UCI said that AG2R La Mondiale rider Houanard had failed an out-of-competition test on September 21.
Houanard can request the testing of his B sample.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |