Intersil Corp third-quarter revenue to miss estimates
(Reuters) - Chipmaker Intersil Corp (ISIL.O) estimated third-quarter revenue below analyst estimates on weakness in its personal computing business.
The company estimated revenue of about $151 million, below its forecast of $156 million to $163 million.
Analysts on average were expecting $159.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Intersil, which makes power management chips used in flat panel displays and DVD players, expects revenue from personal computing to fall to 21 percent of total revenue, from 25 percent a year earlier.
The company, which competes with Fairchild Semiconductor FCS.N, Altera (ALTR.O) and Texas Instruments TXN.N, will report third-quarter results on October 24.
Intersil shares were down 2 percent in premarket trading on Tuesday. They closed at $7.31 on the Nasdaq on Monday.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |