- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
Swiss police arrest two after mock kidnap incident
ZURICH (Reuters) - Police in Zurich started a manhunt to find the victim of an armed kidnapping only to discover it was a re-enactment by two fans of scenes from detective films using replica air guns, authorities said.
Passers-by called the police late on Monday after seeing a man pulled into a car. After a widespread search, authorities found the car and two Airsoft guns, which they said looked very similar to real weapons.
Police then arrested the two occupants of the vehicle, a 20-year old Swiss man and a 22-year old Spaniard, who during questioning revealed the whole episode had just been for show.
The two men were released from custody but face charges for carrying weapons illegally, the police said.
(Reporting by Catherine Bosley, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this