ZTE confirms Cisco has halted equipment deal
SHANGHAI Oct 9 (Reuters) - ZTE Corp , China's second largest telecom equipment maker, said on Tuesday that Cisco Systems has terminated its agreement with the company, confirming an earlier Reuters report.
ZTE said in a statement filed on the Shenzhen stock exchange that the U.S. company had terminated the agreement involving equipment sales in July, but added that the move will have little impact on its business.
On Monday, sources told Reuters that Cisco has ended a longstanding sales partnership with ZTE after an internal investigation into allegations that the Chinese telecommunications equipment maker sold Cisco networking gear to Iran.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls