Danaher, Cooper to sell tools JV to Bain Capital
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Danaher Corp and Cooper Industries said they will sell their hand and power tools joint venture, Apex Tool Group, to Bain Capital for about $1.6 billion.
Danaher and Cooper each own a 50 percent interest in Apex, which makes Crescent wrenches, Lufkin measuring tapes and hand tools for Sears Holdings Corp's Craftsman brand.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |