Canada's Jean Coutu profit down, but revenue rises
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Canadian pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group Inc reported a lower quarterly profit on Wednesday despite higher revenue, because the sale of an investment had boosted earnings in the year-earlier quarter.
Net profit for the second quarter that ended Sept. 1, fell to C$51.2 million ($52.3 million), or 23 Canadian cents a share, from C$66.4 million, or 29 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to C$658.7 million from C$635.2 million.
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. veteran Merrill Newman
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Cuba drops veto at WTO meet, enabling global trade deal: sources