- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Canada's Jean Coutu profit down, but revenue rises
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Canadian pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group Inc reported a lower quarterly profit on Wednesday despite higher revenue, because the sale of an investment had boosted earnings in the year-earlier quarter.
Net profit for the second quarter that ended Sept. 1, fell to C$51.2 million ($52.3 million), or 23 Canadian cents a share, from C$66.4 million, or 29 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to C$658.7 million from C$635.2 million.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this