US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Blue chips off 1 pct as Chevron, Alcoa weigh
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their decline on Wednesday, with the Dow industrials briefly down 1 percent, weighed by a sharp retreat in shares of Chevron and Alcoa.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 125.20 points, or 0.93 percent, to 13,348.33. The S&P 500 lost 9.04 points, or 0.63 percent, to 1,432.44. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 14.98 points, or 0.49 percent, to 3,050.04.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge