US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends down for 4th day, Chevron drags
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 fell for a fourth day on Wednesday, weighed down by disappointing news from Chevron and Alcoa as earnings season got under way.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slid 128.56 points, or 0.95 percent, to end unofficially at 13,344.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index slid 8.91 points, or 0.62 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,432.57. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 13.24 points, or 0.43 percent, to close unofficially at 3,051.78.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy