US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends down for 4th day, Chevron drags
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 fell for a fourth day on Wednesday, weighed down by disappointing news from Chevron and Alcoa as earnings season got under way.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slid 128.56 points, or 0.95 percent, to end unofficially at 13,344.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index slid 8.91 points, or 0.62 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,432.57. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 13.24 points, or 0.43 percent, to close unofficially at 3,051.78.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters