US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat on mixed earnings reports
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Wednesday as earnings season began mixed, with Alcoa Inc warning on slowing aluminum consumption but Yum Brands raising its outlook.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 19.35 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,454.18. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.52 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,440.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.06 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,063.96.
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |