- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat on mixed earnings reports
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Wednesday as earnings season began mixed, with Alcoa Inc warning on slowing aluminum consumption but Yum Brands raising its outlook.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 19.35 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,454.18. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.52 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,440.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.06 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,063.96.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this