US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat on mixed earnings reports
NEW YORK Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Wednesday as earnings season began mixed, with Alcoa Inc warning on slowing aluminum consumption but Yum Brands raising its outlook.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 19.35 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,454.18. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.52 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,440.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.06 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,063.96.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ