Porr CEO to make takeover offer for company
VIENNA Oct 10 (Reuters) - The chief executive of Austrian construction group Porr will make a full takeover offer for the company after increasing his stake to 44 percent through the acquisition of shares from a UniCredit Bank Austria foundation.
The public offer by Karl-Heinz Strauss's investment company should close by the end of October, Porr said late on Tuesday, without giving details of the offer.
Strauss had originally wanted to buy the 44 percent stake without offering to buy the rest of the company but Austria's takeover commission decided he was obliged to make the full takeover offer. (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by David Cowell)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border