Roche, Lilly drugs chosen for Alzheimer's prevention trial
Oct 10 (Reuters) - Roche Holding AG's experimental drug gantenerumab and Eli Lilly & Co's solanezumab have been chosen to be tested in a high-profile global Alzheimer's disease prevention trial, and a second Lilly medicine is being considered for potential inclusion in the study, Washington University said on Wednesday.
The St. Louis-based University said the trial, expected to begin in early 2013, will enroll 160 patients with inherited gene mutations that typically lead to Alzheimer's disease at a young age.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes