Saudi Maaden Q3 net income soars on higher prices; beats forecasts
DUBAI Oct 10 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Maaden) said its third-quarter net profit soared, beating analysts forecasts, helped mainly by higher prices of its core products.
The state-controlled minerals firm made a net profit of 311 million riyals ($82.93 million) compared with 27 million riyals a year-ago, it said in a bourse statement on Wednesday.
Five analysts polled by Reuters on average expected the company to post third-quarter earnings of 241 million riyals. ($1 = 3.7502 Saudi riyals) (Reporting by Dinesh Nair, Editing by Praveen Menon)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee