Saudi Maaden Q3 net income soars on higher prices; beats forecasts
DUBAI Oct 10 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Maaden) said its third-quarter net profit soared, beating analysts forecasts, helped mainly by higher prices of its core products.
The state-controlled minerals firm made a net profit of 311 million riyals ($82.93 million) compared with 27 million riyals a year-ago, it said in a bourse statement on Wednesday.
Five analysts polled by Reuters on average expected the company to post third-quarter earnings of 241 million riyals. ($1 = 3.7502 Saudi riyals) (Reporting by Dinesh Nair, Editing by Praveen Menon)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |