Turkey to respond with 'greater force' if further Syria shelling
ISTANBUL Oct 10 (Reuters) - Turkey's military will respond with greater force if shelling from Syria continues to spill over the border, its chief of general staff said on Wednesday.
"We responded but if it continues we will respond with greater force," state television TRT quoted General Necdet Ozel as saying. Turkey's armed forces have been responding in kind in the past week to gunfire and shelling across the border from Syria.
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report