Turkey to respond with 'greater force' if further Syria shelling
ISTANBUL Oct 10 (Reuters) - Turkey's military will respond with greater force if shelling from Syria continues to spill over the border, its chief of general staff said on Wednesday.
"We responded but if it continues we will respond with greater force," state television TRT quoted General Necdet Ozel as saying. Turkey's armed forces have been responding in kind in the past week to gunfire and shelling across the border from Syria.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama