Toshiba to buy Shaw's stake in Westinghouse for $1.6 bln
TOKYO Oct 10 (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Wednesday that it plans to buy Shaw's 20 percent stake in nuclear power plant company Westinghouse Electric Co for about 125 billion yen ($1.6 billion) within 90 days, using cash on hand and loans.
Toshiba said it would pursue talks with a number of firms that have expressed interest in taking a minority stake in Westinghouse.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources