Toshiba to buy Shaw's stake in Westinghouse for $1.6 bln
TOKYO Oct 10 (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Wednesday that it plans to buy Shaw's 20 percent stake in nuclear power plant company Westinghouse Electric Co for about 125 billion yen ($1.6 billion) within 90 days, using cash on hand and loans.
Toshiba said it would pursue talks with a number of firms that have expressed interest in taking a minority stake in Westinghouse.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image