UK says EADS-BAE decision in companies' hands
LONDON (Reuters) - British Defense Minister Philip Hammond said on Wednesday a decision on a proposed merger between EADS and BAE was in the companies hands and that the government was awaiting their verdict.
"We are waiting for an announcement from the companies - the companies are dealing with it now," Hammond told Reuters when asked about the proposed merger.
"They had a board meeting yesterday afternoon evening. We are waiting to hear their announcement which I understand has to come today," he said. "It is not for me to say who is doing what - it is the companies that now have the decision in their hands."
He declined further comment.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'