UK says EADS-BAE decision in companies' hands
LONDON (Reuters) - British Defense Minister Philip Hammond said on Wednesday a decision on a proposed merger between EADS and BAE was in the companies hands and that the government was awaiting their verdict.
"We are waiting for an announcement from the companies - the companies are dealing with it now," Hammond told Reuters when asked about the proposed merger.
"They had a board meeting yesterday afternoon evening. We are waiting to hear their announcement which I understand has to come today," he said. "It is not for me to say who is doing what - it is the companies that now have the decision in their hands."
He declined further comment.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets