UK says EADS-BAE decision in companies' hands
LONDON (Reuters) - British Defense Minister Philip Hammond said on Wednesday a decision on a proposed merger between EADS and BAE was in the companies hands and that the government was awaiting their verdict.
"We are waiting for an announcement from the companies - the companies are dealing with it now," Hammond told Reuters when asked about the proposed merger.
"They had a board meeting yesterday afternoon evening. We are waiting to hear their announcement which I understand has to come today," he said. "It is not for me to say who is doing what - it is the companies that now have the decision in their hands."
He declined further comment.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown