Toshiba to buy Shaw's stake in Westinghouse for $1.6 billion
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp (6502.T) said on Wednesday that it plans to buy Shaw's 20 percent stake in nuclear power plant company Westinghouse Electric Co for about 125 billion yen ($1.6 billion) within 90 days, using cash on hand and loans.
Toshiba said it would pursue talks with a number of firms that have expressed interest in taking a minority stake in Westinghouse.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work