Toshiba to buy Shaw's stake in Westinghouse for $1.6 billion
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp (6502.T) said on Wednesday that it plans to buy Shaw's 20 percent stake in nuclear power plant company Westinghouse Electric Co for about 125 billion yen ($1.6 billion) within 90 days, using cash on hand and loans.
Toshiba said it would pursue talks with a number of firms that have expressed interest in taking a minority stake in Westinghouse.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets