Cheung Kong proposes separate listing for hotels arm
HONG KONG Oct 11 (Reuters) - Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd plans to separately list its hotel business on the Hong Kong stock exchange to free up capital for its operations and for new investment opportunities, while realising the value of the hotels.
Immediately following the completion of the proposed transaction, the company and its affiliate, Hutchison Whampoa Ltd, will in aggregate hold less than 30 percent of the newly listed unit, Cheung Kong said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Thursday. (Reporting by Alison Leung; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine